If I only had a brain!
Well you do! We all do and we better start taking better care of it and fast!
This month (January 2018 HAPPY NEW YEAR!) we are focused on BRAIN HEALTH!
Did you know your brain is 60% fat? WHOA! So, that fat free diet I put myself on for years and was sold to us for a generation, perhaps was about the worst thing we did for that generations brain and body health. Yep. Just look at the epidemic of mental and physical dis-ease and obesity. It’s even worse than shag carpet and perms…(trying for some humor and to lighten up a bit this year. We’ll see how long that lasts)
Luckily our bodies (and brains) are amazing miracles and can HEAL! That’s right!
So this month we are focused on actions we can take right now – for better brain health.
Ready!? Let’s do this!
I spent New Year’s Eve with the two most important people in my life – my boys, Ryder and Dax. I shared my love of dance, movies and story with them as we learned West Coast Swing together, came home and snuggled in bed with yummy, healthy snacks watching one of my favorite stories, Little Women.
Whatever way you chose and continue to choose to lead your life and celebrate traditions, may it be from a place of wholeness, that feeds your mind, body and soul.
This past year there have been so many changes – I believe which are all part of a process, an evolution toward optimal well being.
I’d like to share a few of those with you and the realizations as they came:
I closed my studio location and brought my training back in to my home. Where the Yogilachi Transform program evolved and the transformation and dedication of my amazing clients continued to awe and inspire me.
I discovered that I was stronger than I thought.
I realized I don’t have to do everything.
I ended a stressful and difficult marriage and in it’s place created a dear and caring friendship with Kelly, my former husband and the father of my two precious boys. This took time, will power and attention, of not only myself, but each member of this dynamic family unit. But I am grateful for every piece and quite proud of where we stand today. Truly better, happier and healthier for all, including and most especially for our boys.
I rebranded and rekindled the original purpose of Yogilachi and it became a not for profit entity whose mission is To Inspire Healing Through Optimal Movement, Mindset and Nutrition. I am incredibly excited about the work we are doing through Yogilachi and can’t wait to share it with you and the world.
I regained a lost friendship. Making the conscious decision to take a real vacation, I traveled across country and spent a month with my boys camping, visiting National Parks and making it to Knoxville, TN to spend quality, in person time with my best friend. I realized how vital in person, face to face connection and support actually is.
And I commit to cultivating more and making the safe space available for others to cultivate this important connection.
I became stronger, wiser and more compassionate – for myself, for my sons and for all human beings. Dealing with my son Dax’s brain injury, from a concussion sustained in an auto accident, the repercussions led to a long road of search, discovery and a difficult healing process. This culminated in a greater understanding of brain health and it’s significant impact on the individual.
This profound shift has led me to research and training with the leading edge experts in the health of the brain. It is a year long course of study and I’m mere weeks into it, but what I can tell you is that it is profound and something that cannot be overlooked in the complete picture of optimal health. I will be focusing on this more and more and sharing with you through the Monday Morning Mentoring and private FB group you can join here.
There is a significant connection to the brain and how vital it’s health is for our total well being – mentally, emotionally, physically. This led me to courses in Ancestral Nutrition, and healing mitochondria as well as studying, using and decoding the popular ketogenic diet. The pitfalls are in the misunderstanding of application. I intend to bring a clear and workable addition to my health and wellness programs in 2018 and beyond.
There are key principles to look at – the WHOLE being, the WHOLE person. Underlying it all, we are Energy (CHI). How do we optimize that chi? I still believe it is through these 3 pillars: optimal movement, mindset and nutrition.
Each of the above has helped me become a more capable trainer, coach and healer. A better business owner and contributing member to society.
And most importantly a better mother, teacher and friend.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out. If I can help you in any way, know that I will do my best.
I believe in you.
Much Love and Chi, for 2018 and Always!
You can learn much from Mother Nature especially as she prepares for winter. Just as the daffodil seemingly lies dormant in the earth or seemingly the chrysalis is lying dormant, so must you trust that in your REST there is great transformation and preparation taking place.
The daffodil does not need anything else to blossom.
The chrysalis does not need anything else to become a butterfly.
Innately you have all you need if you just trust your perfection to blossom completely unto yourself.
When you meet the world and appreciate each opportunity to be who you are, you can realize your greatest potential that often lies dormant for a time.
Feelings sometimes labeled wrong or bad, are mistakenly taken for something to suppress or get rid of, when in fact, they are part of the blooming process of your innermost being.
Here are 5 ways to begin a practice of allowing, of being in this place of dormant knowing.
1. Silence – find a quiet place where you will be undisturbed (including distractions of phones, pings, and other) for at least 5 minutes. You may find it helpful to put a timer on so you can remove your attention from time keeping. Then just BE in the silence. There is nothing else to do. Just experience yourself in the whole and perfection that you are. Judgements and contemplation is not silence. A regular practice of silence can be astonishingly healing.
2. Meditation – light a candle and allow your gaze to be with the flame. Follow your breath flowing in and out, allowing for deeper breaths, more relaxed shoulders, eyelids, any other area of tension to release and become more relaxed with each breath. Do this for at least 1 minute and longer if you can.
3. Walk in nature observing the life that is going dormant or has already moved into it’s dormant state. Feel the settling in energy and observe with delight the natural laws of Mother Nature.
4. Rest – Take a 10-20 minute “cat nap”. Set up a safe and comfortable place to experience the deliciousness of rest during the day. Wrap yourself in an energetic cocoon of warmth and nurturing rest.
5. Nourishing Sleep – each night as the sun begins to set, allow for the settling in process. Gradually bring the constant borage of artificial light, activity and random chaos to settle. Establish a safe and nurturing sleeping environment free of the digitally programmed world and come back to your true nature to reconnect with your deepest innermost sacred self through natural sleep. I love using natural herbs and essential oils like Valerian root, chamomile or lavender and will add a natural magnesium drink if I am feeling anxious and unable to settle into deep sleep for the night.
Don’t allow for the rushed, overwhelmed, over stimulated condition humans seem to be racing towards forfeit your need for restorative rest and nourishing sleep. Make time for deep reflection to tune in and realign to the highest truth that blossoms only from deep within your own roots.
You are whole.
You are complete.
You are perfection.
That’s a promise. It’s just that you may have just been distracted or interrupted, from your own true nature.
I encourage you to take the opportunity to bloom into yourself with one or all of the steps above.
Peace and Blessings.
Stephana Johnson helps overwhelmed high achievers get out of pain, boost their energy and look & feel amazing – naturally. Send inquiries to email@example.com www.yourholisticmentor.com