You can learn much from Mother Nature especially as she prepares for winter. Just as the daffodil seemingly lies dormant in the earth or seemingly the chrysalis is lying dormant, so must you trust that in your REST there is great transformation and preparation taking place.
The daffodil does not need anything else to blossom.
The chrysalis does not need anything else to become a butterfly.
Innately you have all you need if you just trust your perfection to blossom completely unto yourself.
When you meet the world and appreciate each opportunity to be who you are, you can realize your greatest potential that often lies dormant for a time.
Feelings sometimes labeled wrong or bad, are mistakenly taken for something to suppress or get rid of, when in fact, they are part of the blooming process of your innermost being.
Here are 5 ways to begin a practice of allowing, of being in this place of dormant knowing.
1. Silence – find a quiet place where you will be undisturbed (including distractions of phones, pings, and other) for at least 5 minutes. You may find it helpful to put a timer on so you can remove your attention from time keeping. Then just BE in the silence. There is nothing else to do. Just experience yourself in the whole and perfection that you are. Judgements and contemplation is not silence. A regular practice of silence can be astonishingly healing.
2. Meditation – light a candle and allow your gaze to be with the flame. Follow your breath flowing in and out, allowing for deeper breaths, more relaxed shoulders, eyelids, any other area of tension to release and become more relaxed with each breath. Do this for at least 1 minute and longer if you can.
3. Walk in nature observing the life that is going dormant or has already moved into it’s dormant state. Feel the settling in energy and observe with delight the natural laws of Mother Nature.
4. Rest – Take a 10-20 minute “cat nap”. Set up a safe and comfortable place to experience the deliciousness of rest during the day. Wrap yourself in an energetic cocoon of warmth and nurturing rest.
5. Nourishing Sleep – each night as the sun begins to set, allow for the settling in process. Gradually bring the constant borage of artificial light, activity and random chaos to settle. Establish a safe and nurturing sleeping environment free of the digitally programmed world and come back to your true nature to reconnect with your deepest innermost sacred self through natural sleep. I love using natural herbs and essential oils like Valerian root, chamomile or lavender and will add a natural magnesium drink if I am feeling anxious and unable to settle into deep sleep for the night.
Don’t allow for the rushed, overwhelmed, over stimulated condition humans seem to be racing towards forfeit your need for restorative rest and nourishing sleep. Make time for deep reflection to tune in and realign to the highest truth that blossoms only from deep within your own roots.
You are whole.
You are complete.
You are perfection.
That’s a promise. It’s just that you may have just been distracted or interrupted, from your own true nature.
I encourage you to take the opportunity to bloom into yourself with one or all of the steps above.
Peace and Blessings.
Stephana Johnson helps overwhelmed high achievers get out of pain, boost their energy and look & feel amazing – naturally. Send inquiries to email@example.com www.yourholisticmentor.com