We’ve been talking about the brain all month! What actions have you started to take to improve brain health and optimize your brain?
Here are my top daily actions I apply to keep my brain and my boys brains functioning optimally.
LOVE YOUR BRAIN
- Healthy fats like avocado, coconut oil, olives, salmon, organ meats, macadamia nuts and walnuts, pure water and sometimes green and macha tea
- Connection and belonging – volunteering, contributing to others in a positive way through our neighborhood, community, etc
- Positive habits – kind thoughts to self and others, honesty/integrity, gratitude
- Regular exercise preferably out doors. Learning some new activity, crossing the midline, blind fold games, improving the sensory and function of all senses.
- Sunshine, fresh air, fresh water, lessening toxic loads from digital/screen time and toxic people, toxins in the form of pollution and food and clothing toxins by buying organic, growing our own where we can, shutting down grid at night.
- Good night sleep and resting with silence and quiet time built in throughout the day. Allowing for natural transitions from work, play, learning and sleep
These are just a few.
To lead a life you love, you have to love yourself and your life enough to set out on a healthy path that nourishes not only your body, but your brain too!